[BioC] Error doing Mas5 calculation with Simpleaffy package

Rudy.vanEijsden at GEN.unimaas.nl Rudy.vanEijsden at GEN.unimaas.nl
Fri May 7 14:37:02 CEST 2004

Dear all,

I get the following error when doing the Mas5 calculation using the
Simpleaffy package:

Rgui.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

More details:
R-version: 1090 for Windows.
Simpleaffy version: Version: 1.09, Packaged: Fri Apr 16 03:23:08 2004;
madman
Chips: 4 affymetrix yeast chips (YG-S98)

Code used:
>library(simpleaffy)
>library(ygs98cdf)
>raw.data <- read.affy()
>data.mas <- call.exprs(raw.data, "mas5")

This is the moment when the error pups up.

Using rma in stead of mas5 does not give an error (>data.rma <-
call.exprs(raw.data, "rma")

Do you have any idea how to solve this problem.

I have tried doing the mas5 calculation using the affy package....and this
works fine. But I would like to use the simpleaffy package.

Greetz,

Rudy.

rudy.vaneijsden at gen.unimaas.nl