[BioC] Re: limma t-tests and SAM

Dennis Hazelett hazelett at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Thu May 13 20:55:24 CEST 2004

Perhaps you'll find <a
href="http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12112249">this
paper</a> useful.
--Dennis

Hi

  I have one other question is there an article somewhere which
explains in a manner a non statistician might understand the
difference between an analysis by limma and paired t-tests and SAM.
We have now done all three and are trying to decide which analysis to
give most weight to  (our experiment compared wild type to mutant,
increased dosage to wild type and as the mutant was ts a temperature
variable) in choosing which genes to verify and follow up on.

thanks,

Simon