[BioC] import cDNA microarray data into R

Li, Jingyi jingyi.li at oregonstate.edu
Fri May 14 01:06:50 CEST 2004

Dear all,
I am new to the marray package. I have the single-channel cDNA microarray data that I would like to use marray package to perform the analysis. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to input the data into the R, but I still don't know how.

1. I have the text and excel files for signal intensities. Can I input them into the R use marrayInput and marrayClasses packages?
2. can I use the marray package for single-channel cDNA microarray data?

I am mainly interested in getting image plots for the background and signal intensities to see if there is spatial bias. Any suggestions about how to achieve this goal will be appreciated too.

Thank you for your help in advance!

-Jingyi