[BioC] ANSI C not enforced intentionally?

Claudio Lottaz Claudio.Lottaz at molgen.mpg.de
Fri May 14 11:54:35 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I just solved a problem installing affy with the native compiler on our alpha boxes. The problem was that R installs using the compiler flag which enforces the preprocessor to use ANSI C, but mas5calls.c from the affy package (version 1.4.27) uses "//" for comments and was therefore not compiled. The problem did not occur on gcc installations. I just removed the ANSI-enforce flag from R's Makeconf.

However, wouldn't it be a good plan to check packages for ANSI C compliance to improve cross platform compatibility?

Claudio

Claudio Lottaz
Computational Diagnostics Group
Department for Computational Molecular Biology
Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics
Ihnestr. 73, D-14195 Berlin (Germany)
office: 2.116, phone: +49 30 8413 1177, fax: +49 30 8413 1176
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]