[BioC] iffail argument in mget of mas5, rma

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Tue May 18 19:29:27 CEST 2004

I am using R.1.9.0 upgraded to affy 1.4.29, Biobase 1.4.14. I get the
following error below with rma() and mas5() functions and tried to
figure out what is happening all afternoon. I tried it with a couple of
datasets with the same results. Can anyone help ?

Thank you, Adai.

> library(affy)
Welcome to Bioconductor
         Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
         simply type: openVignette()
         For details on reading vignettes, see
         the openVignette help page.
> library(gcrma)
> data <- ReadAffy()
> data
AffyBatch object
size of arrays=536x536 features (134681 kb)
cdf=Hu6800 (7129 affyids)
number of samples=60
number of genes=7129
annotation=hu6800
> print(date())
[1] "Tue May 18 18:16:42 2004"

> data.rma <- rma( data )
Error in mget(genenames, pos, envir, iffail = NA) :
        unused argument(s) (iffail ...)

> data1.mas5 <- mas5(data1)
background correction: mas
PM/MM correction : mas
expression values: mas
background correcting...Error in mget(genenames, pos, envir, iffail =
NA) :
        unused argument(s) (iffail ...)
Execution halted