[BioC] Re: tech reps revisited in limma (Naomi Altman)

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed May 19 18:48:17 CEST 2004

You might consider implementing this yourself and then contributing a
patch. I can't speak for Gordon, but in general, open source developers
are quite receptive to contributions from end users.

Best,

Jim

James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core
University of Michigan Cancer Center
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> Simon Melov <smelov at buckinstitute.org> 05/19/04 12:40PM >>>
Thanks Naomi,
This is what I have been doing, but as I said, this is very laborious
(especially when you have 50-200 arrays per project). I was hoping
within
limma there was an easy way of doing this, it seems like a very
straightforward thing to implement, and a dedicated command for
averaging
reps would be very helpful to a lot of people. Subsetting and doing
this
manually, discourages use of limma, given the laborious nature of the
process.

Thanks

Simon.