[BioC] Problem with Loading Bioconductor 1.4 in Windows 2000

Karla Ballman Ballman.Karla at mayo.edu
Fri May 21 16:57:59 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to load the newest version of Bioconductor
(version 1.4) onto my Windows 2000 machine. I have loaded
R (version 1.9.0). As instructed in first typed

source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")

and that seems to work.

However, when I type

  getBioC()

I get the following message:

   Running getBioC version 1.2.58....
   If you encounter problems, first make sure that
   you are running the latest version of getBioC()
   which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

   Please direct any concerns or questions to
   bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

   Error in load(libFile, envir=parent.frame()) :
        error reading from connection
   Error in getBioC() : Needs reposTools to continue

Any ideas what is wrong?

Thanks,
karla

****************************