[BioC] Fitting a contrast matrix in Limma

Laura Hollins LHollins at PICR.man.ac.uk
Wed May 26 17:52:29 CEST 2004

Hi,

I have been trying to fit a contrast matrix in Limma using the
'contrasts.fit' function but I keep getting an error:

Error in La.chol(crossprod(design)) : the leading minor of order 5 is
not positive definite

I entered my design and contrast matrices from tab-delimited files
created on Excel using the 'read.delim' function and I then had to
convert them into matrices from data frames. In the past, I have typed
smaller, less complex design and contrast matrices directly into R and
had no problems.

Does anyone know what this error means or how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Laura