[BioC] Normalization with common reference

Wolfgang Huber w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Thu May 27 20:09:11 CEST 2004

Hi Emanuele,

first a naughty question: why did you choose this experimental design
(gDNA as a reference) if you didn't have a plan for how to proceed with
the data?

One thing you could try is to simply forget about the reference and
essentially treat the arrays as if they were single-color. There are a
number of single-color normalization methods, including vsn (package
vsn) and quantiles normalization (package affy). You could still use the
reference channel for spot QC.

But I would also be interested to see if anyone had an idea for how to
more gainfully employ the reference channel.

Ciao.
   Wolfgang