[BioC] file format problem

Jose Gadea Vacas jgadeav at ibmcp.upv.es
Mon May 31 16:28:42 CEST 2004

Hi,

here is a question concerning the file formats to run the pam.train and pam.predict functions. I am not an expert in R and I am having problems in applying these fucntions

I have three tabulator delimited text files with my data, labels and names.
I have used the  read.table function to read the data, and then I have made a list (mylist= list (x=data, y=labels, genenames=names)

The summary of this list is something like this:

        lenght    class    mode
x    25            dataframe    list
y    25            factor           numeric
genenames    1    dataframe    list

But the input to pam-train for x is class none and mode numeric, and for genenames, class none and mode character.
I have changed the x arguments with unlist(), but I do not know how to do it with my genenames.

Is there anyone on the list  familiarised with the pam.train and pam.predict function willing to help me?

Thanks a lot

Jose Gadea
Laboratorio de Genomica
IBMCP, UPV-CSIC