[BioC] hierarchical clustering - spearman correlation

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Nov 1 18:32:50 CET 2004

Liu, Xin wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> There are many libraries for the hierarchical clustering in R.
 > However, I can not find one hierarchical clustering by specifically
 > spearman correlation. Does any experienced guy provide some information?

Hi Xin,

you need to keep in mind that these are two separate things: calculation
of the distance matrix (i.e. distance between each gene to every other
gene), and the actual clustering algorithm to make this matrix into a
dendrogram.

You can use for example "cor" to calculate correlations including
"pearson", "kendall", "spearman", and "hclust" to do the clustering.

Best wishes
   Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Huber