[BioC] gregmisc package-problems with BioC latest release?

Fátima Núñez Mangado fnunez at usal.es
Tue Nov 2 17:49:22 CET 2004

Hello all,

I am not sure whether this is a question that should be addressed to the R
list or the Bioconductor one. If you feel that this is not a Bioconductor
issue, I apologize in advance.

I have just installed the latest R version form CRAN:

> version
         _
platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    2
minor    0.0
year     2004
month    10
day      04
language R

And also the latest Bioconductor release with no problems whatsoever:

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
> getBioC()
Running getBioC version 1.2.67....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.
.
.
.
>From URL:  http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.5/package/Win32
        affyPLM version 1.2.5
        Biobase version 1.5.0
        annotate version 1.5.1
        genefilter version 1.5.0
        geneplotter version 1.5.0
        ROC version 1.0.13
        siggenes version 1.2.11
        marray version 1.5.25
        edd version 1.5.0

>From URL:  http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository
        limma version 1.8.6

You have downloaded a default set of packages.

However, when I install the package "gregmisc" from CRAN and I try to access
it I get the following:

> local({a <- CRAN.packages()
+ install.packages(select.list(a[,1],,TRUE), .libPaths()[1], available=a,
dependencies=TRUE)})
trying URL `http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/PACKAGES'
Content type `text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1' length 22200 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 21Kb

trying URL
`http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/gregmisc_2.0.0.zip'
Content type `application/zip' length 687958 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 671Kb

bundle 'gregmisc' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

Delete downloaded files (y/N)? y

updating HTML package descriptions

> library(gregmisc)
Error in library(gregmisc) : There is no package called 'gregmisc'

Am I missing something? Am I doing anything wrong? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks everyone in advance and have a good day.

Fátima
---
Fátima Núñez
Centro de Investigación del Cáncer, CIC