[BioC] decideTests

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Nov 4 10:45:05 CET 2004

On Thu, November 4, 2004 8:16 pm, Jason Skelton said:
> Gordon Smyth wrote:
>
> You need
>
> DT <- decideTests(EB, p.value=0.2, method="separate", adjust.method="fdr")
> sorry forgot to mention in my original email that I tried that as well
>
>  > DT <- decideTests(EB, p.value=0.2, method="separate",
> adjust.method="fdr")
> Error in decideTests(EB, p.value = 0.2, method = "separate",  :
>         Need MArrayLM object

Well, the error message is pretty self-explanatory!  You need to give it an object of class
"MArrayLM", i.e., you need to give it output from lmFit() and eBayes(), as in all the examples in
the User's Guide.

You didn't say how you created FIT and EB.  I am guessing now that you used lm.series() or
gls.series().  I am been phasing these functions out of the user-interface for a long time -- they
are lower-level functions that produce unclassed list objects.  There is no need for you to use
them.  So far I have been writing functions that are tolerant of whether the input arguments are
formally classed or not, but in future I may not do that.

So, please, use lmFit(), not lm.series().

Gordon