[BioC] heatmap genenames

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 4 18:34:37 CET 2004

Hi Claire

I will have a look at this tomorrow when I have R actually in front of me, but in the meantime, may I reccomend that you specifically use hclust and dist when using heatmap?  I always do - it gives you more control over what exactly is going on!

So do:

d <- dist(mydata)
hc <- hclust(d)
heatmap(mydata, RowV=as.dendrogram(hc))