[BioC] limma power question

Fangxin Hong fhong at salk.edu
Fri Nov 5 19:13:32 CET 2004

Although some genes have significant differences, it is not necesssarily
for limma to identify them out. In other words, genes that are not
identified by limma may be significant. It all depends on the power of
your test, which may in turn decided by your sample size, your error
varaince (noise scale) and the test you choose. Sometimes, some
significant differences might be small for your data to identify them out.

Since you have done the experiment, you can't change sample size and error
variance, maybe you can try other method or low down the overall
sifnificance you controlled.

Hopefully this helps.
Bests;
Fangxin