[BioC] can R be invoked from another program

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Sat Nov 6 13:07:52 CET 2004

This question is more suitable for R-help mailing list, but in essence
yes. However it is relatively easier to call R from some programmes than
other programmes.

See http://www.omegahat.org/. For web server examples, see
http://franklin.imgen.bcm.tmc.edu/R.web.servers/

I usually simply make a system call to an R script. Example in perl
system("R --no-save < script.R arg1 arg2"). See help(BATCH) and
help("commandArgs").