[BioC] limma and blocks

Fangxin Hong fhong at salk.edu
Mon Nov 8 18:40:13 CET 2004

Françoise;
I am glad that helps. Generally speaking, block effect is random from a
distribution. But if you don't have enough blocks to estimate this
distribution ( in the case of two levels within block), I do think that
a fixed effect model is better, especially when you have many units within
each block.

Bests;
Fangxin

--