[BioC] Binary CDF and CEL files

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Nov 16 17:43:32 CET 2004

Christopher, Neil (NIH/NCI) wrote:
> Can bioconductor read binary CDF/CEL files?  I am trying to use
> make.cdf.package to create an environment for 100k SNP arrays.

No for CDF and yes for CEL. Ben Bolstad is working on the CDF files and
should have something in December.

I made a cdfenv for what Affy was calling the CenthindAv2.cdf, which
appears to now be called the Mapping50k_hind.cdf, back when it was still
a text file. Unfortunately, the IDs appear to have changed in the
interim because they don't agree with what Affy supplies in their
annotation file.

I would offer this cdfenv to you, but as I mentioned, it doesn't appear
to agree with the current identifiers so I am not sure how useful it is.

Best,

Jim