[BioC] heatmap genenames

Francois Pepin fpepin at cs.mcgill.ca
Tue Nov 16 18:32:44 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

we've been looking at something similar to try to pick single a series
of genes from the heatmap.

Based on Michael's suggestion:

d <- dist(mydata)
hc <- hclust(d)
heatmap(mydata, RowV=as.dendrogram(hc))

genes<-identify(hc)

So you can select the branch(es) of interest on the dendogram and get
back the list of genes selected.

Francois