[BioC] tkrplot in R2.0 on Mac OS X

Rahul Kakkar rkakkar at uchicago.edu
Mon Nov 22 19:03:05 CET 2004

I am trying to get affylmGUI working in Rv2.0 on a Mac OS 10.3 machine.
  The only trouble I am having is with tkrplot.  When I try and install
it from source, the package installer, or from the "install.packages2"
command, I get the following error:

 > install.packages2("tkrplot")
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Source
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download tkrplot from
http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing tkrplot"
* Installing *source* package 'tkrplot' ...
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating src/Makevars
** libs
gcc -no-cpp-precomp -I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include
-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/include   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c tcltkimg.c -o tcltkimg.o
tcltkimg.c:1: tk.h: No such file or directory
make: ** Removing '/Users/rkakkar/Library/R/library/tkrplot'
** Restoring previous '/Users/rkakkar/Library/R/library/tkrplot'
*** [tcltkimg.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'tkrplot'
 From URL:  http://www.bioconductor.org//CRANrepository
	tkrplot version 0.0-10

Warning message:
Installation of package tkrplot had non-zero exit status in:
installPkg(fileName, pkg, pkgVer, type, lib, repEntry, versForce)

any ideas?

Many thanks,

Rahul