[BioC] Could limma be as good as GeneSpring in nomalization?

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 13:41:12 CET 2004

Someone once demonstrated the normalisation procedures in GeneSpring. I
think they had MAS 4.0, MAS 5.0 and RMA at the time. However what was
interesting is that all of this were (visibly) calling R scripts to
BioConductor packages to perform the normalisation.

If the trend continues, then I believe their normalisation procedures
will be a subset of those available in R/BioConductor.

My perception is that people mainly use GeneSpring for graphical
purposes and normalisation is seen as "do once and forget about it".

Others can correct me if I am wrong in my opinion of GeneSpring and
normalisation.

Regards, Adai