[BioC] More environments facilities ?

Adrian Alexa adrian.alexa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 16:58:40 CEST 2004

Dear Bioconductor developers,

I'm using Bioconductor packages and I use more often environments. I
was happy to see that there are new functions in the Biobase package
that work with environments:   copyEnv, l2e, etc.

Unfortunately I didn't find a function that returns the 'lenght' (no.
of elements) of an environment. I know that I can do:

> length(ls(env))

but I think this is slow and somehow redundant. Also I know that I can
write a simple C function, but I will like to have this facility into
R and not loading my function every time.

I would like to know if such a function can (or will) be included into
a next version of biobase package.

Many thanks,

Adrian

--