[BioC] getBioC

Hanif Khalak HKhalak at avalonrx.com
Thu Oct 7 17:08:38 CEST 2004

Dear friends,

In the past I had installed R1.8 and BioConductor without much trouble
at all, but on a new PC running WindowsXP, after installing R2.0.0, I'm
getting these errors with the most basic commands:

> getBioC()
Running getBioC version 1.2.65....
If you encounter problems, first make sure that
you are running the latest version of getBioC()
which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R

Please direct any concerns or questions to
bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.

Error in library(package, character.only = TRUE, logical = TRUE,
warn.conflicts = warn.conflicts,  :
        'reposTools' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?
> library(reposTools)
Error in library(reposTools) : 'reposTools' is not a valid package --
installed < 2.0.0?
> update.packages(CRAN=getOption("BIOC"))
trying URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.0/PACKAGES'
Content type `text/plain' length 36813 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 35Kb

I would appreciate any suggestions...  Thanks!

-Hanif

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]