[BioC] problems using cdfenv

Georg Otto georg.otto at tuebingen.mpg.de
Mon Oct 11 17:42:13 CEST 2004

Dear bioconductors,

i have a problem that presumably concerns my cdfenv installation.

I use the zebrafish affymetrix gene chip, and I tried simpleaffy to get
some quality control measures. Getting the expression measures with
mas5 seems to work fine, but

 > qc<-qc(x, x.mas5)

Gives me an error message:

Error in qc.affy(unnormalised, ...) : I'm sorry I do not know about
chip type: zebrafishcdf

I installed the zebrafishcdf from the bioconductor website but i still
get the same error. Then I made the cdf environment myself using the
CDF file from Affymetrix and makecdfenv. Unfortunately there is still
the same error.

Is there something that I missed?

Best regards,

Georg