[BioC] genefilter and Rv2.0.0

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 18 22:17:00 CEST 2004

On Mon, Oct 18, 2004 at 02:54:25PM -0500, Rahul Kakkar wrote:
> Attempting to load genefilter into Bioconductor on Rv2.0.0 (Windows).
> Rv2.0.0 seems to require update to developer releases of most
> Bioconductor packages as they would not load otherwise (used

 Yep, we did try and say that on the web site.

> getBioC("all", develOK=TRUE) for this).
> However, genefilter seems to be at release 1.4.0, which will not load
> into Bioconductor in Rv2.0.0.  Genefilter developer version 1.4.5 is
> available as source file and not win32.  Any suggestions as to how to
> work around this?

  It failed to build last night - we're trying to track down why, but
  there should be a version up soon. Alternatively, you can follow the
  instructions on the R site for setting up your windows machine for
  compiling packages and build it from source locally.

   Robert

> Thanks for your help.

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |