[BioC] non appearing AffyIDs cColor

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:33:29 CEST 2004

On Tue, Oct 19, 2004 at 01:48:40PM +0200, Auer Michael wrote:
> Certain
> affy IDS from the hgu133a chip, like 212094_at (PEG10) do not appeare on
> the plot as bars.
> I used the code
> library(geneplotter)
> library(hgu133a)
> newChrClass <- buildChromLocation("hgu133a")
> cPlot(newChrClass)
> cPlot(newChrClass,scale=”relative”)
>
> For example "212094_at" does not appear
> cColor(”212094_at“, "green", newChrClass).
>  I will attach a series of AffyIDS with there Nucleotide positions.

 I believe it is because we do not know the location of all genes.

> hgu133aCHRLOC$"212094_at"
[1] NA
> hgu133aCHR$"212094_at"
[1] "7"

  So our current version of the data packages
> packageDescription("hgu133a")$Vers
[1] "1.6.2"

  does not have this info (you did not say what version you are
  using),

 1.6.4 is out for devel, and in it this particular affy ID is still
     not mapped.
 If you, or anyone else, knows of more up to date data please let us
     know as we would be very interested in updating this

 Robert

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |