[BioC] CDF files

Laurent Gautier lgautier at altern.org
Fri Oct 22 15:03:50 CEST 2004

Srinivas Iyyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> CellHeader=X	Y	MEAN	STDV	NPIXELS
>   0	  0	152.0	30.0	 25
>   1	  0	5024.5	475.3	 20
>   2	  0	151.0	25.0	 25
>   3	  0	5017.0	558.9	 25
>   4	  0	205.5	71.5	 20
>

> How can I get to know what 0 0 , 1 0, 2 0 correspond
> to 1001_at or XXXX_at.  Can some one please help. I
> want to get the spot and the corresponding probe.

The information is contained in the relevant CDF file.

Did you consider using the 'affy' package ?

The help page for the function 'xy2indices' might be worth a look.

However, if you want to go from XY coordinates to probe set names often
in your code, the most efficient
would be to use the class Cdf (now found in the package 'makecdfenv').

L.