[BioC] combineAffyBatch for HG-U133A and HG-U133Av2 GeneChips

Wolfgang Huber huber at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 18:14:18 CEST 2004

Hi Kellie,

 > I would like to remove unwanted probeset from the resulting $dat
 > object prior to applying rma or any other expression summary method.

I think it should not make much of a difference whether you remove these
probesets before or after RMA, since the R in RMA stands for "Robust".

 > How would I remove these from the affybatch object prior to rma?

You can remove probesets by some code like this

	comb <- both$cdf
	gn <- ls(comb)
	rm(grep("AFFX-r2-H", gn, value=TRUE), envir=comb)

I haven't tested this but I hope you get the idea.

 > One other question is that I have been trying to ascertain why these
 > probes were retained by combineAffyBatch in the first place. How can
 > one investigate that most efficiently?

You can copy the code for the function combineAffyBatch from the
corresponding file in the "package source" tar.gz file, and then add
various checkpoints and plots to see what is going on.

Hope this helps

Best wishes
  Wolfgang

--