[BioC] Problem installing graph package

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 27 20:44:41 CEST 2004

Hi,
 First your real problem is that you do not have Ruuid installed (and
 that is what graph reports as the problem). So that would be your
 first port of call. There are some details of how to do this, and
 what libraries you need in the mailing list archives.

 so do install.packages2("Ruuid")
 and then see what libraries you do not have installed on your system,
 then get them and install them.

 Second, you do not have g77, so you won't be able to install any
 fortran code (and that is what is in hexbin). Again, this is because
 you lack the right tools in OS X, so you need to find them and
 install them. Stefano Iacus keeps a nice web page that describes what
 you need to have installed etc. for building R packages. The OS X
 FAQ, is another place to look for details (and probably the first
 place to look),

 Best
  Robert

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 02:28:50PM -0400, Matt McCall wrote:
> Using R v2.0.0 on MacOS X in the R console.
> I was able to install most of bioconductor. I wanted to use the GOstats
> package (amoung a few others), and it didn't install properly. So I
> went back to try to find the problem, and it seems that the graph
> package isn't installing. Any suggestions?
> Matt
>
>  > getBioC("prog", develOK=T)
> Running getBioC version 1.2.66....
> If you encounter problems, first make sure that
> you are running the latest version of getBioC()
> which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R
>
> Please direct any concerns or questions to
> bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch.
>
> Please select an installation directory:
> 1:/Users/mmccall/Library/R/library
> 2:/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library
> Selection: 1
> [1] "Attempting to download graph from
> http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/devel/package/Source"
> [1] "Download complete."
> [1] "Installing graph"
> * Installing *source* package 'graph' ...
> ** libs
> gcc -no-cpp-precomp -I/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include
>   -I/usr/local/include   -fno-common  -g -O2 -c graph.c -o graph.o
> graph.c: In function `intersectStrings':
> graph.c:39: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast
> graph.c:56: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast
> graph.c: In function `graphIntersection':
> graph.c:118: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast
> graph.c: In function `checkEdgeList':
> graph.c:157: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a
> cast
> gcc -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress -L/usr/local/lib -o
> graph.so graph.o  -lcc_dynamic -framework R
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _xerbla_
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/R(print.lo) definition of _xerbla_
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/
> vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib(single module) definition of
> _xerbla_
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _crc32
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/R(crc32.lo) definition of _crc32
> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib(crc32.o) definition of _crc32
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _get_crc_table
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/R(crc32.lo) definition of _get_crc_table
> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib(crc32.o) definition of _get_crc_table
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _deflate
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/R(deflate.lo) definition of _deflate
> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib(deflate.o) definition of _deflate
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _deflateCopy
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/R(deflate.lo) definition of _deflateCopy
> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib(deflate.o) definition of _deflateCopy
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _deflateReset
> [...]

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |