[BioC] Tcl install

Matt McCall mmccall at mail.nih.gov
Thu Oct 28 20:09:47 CEST 2004

I'm trying to install widgetTools (because genefilter requires it) and
it says that Tcl wasn't installed properly, but I have Tcl installed
and I've even tried telling R where it is:
  R CMD INSTALL --configure-args="--with-tcl-include=/sw/include/tcl8.4
--with-tcl-lib=/sw/lib/tcl8.4" -l ~/Library/R/library
~/Desktop/widgetTools

But it doesn't work.
Here is the stuff from R:
 > library(widgetTools)
Error in fun(...) : Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following
directories:
     /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4 /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4

This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'tcltk'
Error in fun(...) : Package tcltk not able to be loaded!
Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace for 'widgetTools'
Error in library(widgetTools) : package/namespace load failed for
'widgetTools'

Matt