[BioC] Problems with BioConductor

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Sep 1 16:15:05 CEST 2004

> I am a user of the R programm at the BF2i laboratory in Lyon. We are
> doing research on the microarrays, and use BioConductor for analyzing
> our results. I have installed the new version of R 1,9,1 and wished to
> install the new version of Bioconductor too. The coputer I am working
> with is a Mac and fulfills all the demanded caracteristics of the

A couple of questions ...
- By "installing Bioconductor", I am assuming that you are using
getBioC()?  Can you cut & paste some of the relevant output from your
session?

- I'm not super familiar w/ the Mac style R, so my terminology is probably
incorrect here, but are you using the R-aqua or the unix-style R?  That
could make a big difference.

> the libraries. Libraries like marray and some other are downloaded but
> "cannot be installed for they are not in any repository". I would

I don't currently see a problem w/ the repository, using R-1.9.1, I just
did a BioC install and all went well, including marray.  Could you give
more details?

Thanks
-J