[BioC] Swiss-Prot to gene annotation translation/conversion

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Thu Sep 2 19:49:26 CEST 2004

Mark,

If the genes are from human, the Human Gene Naming Consortium (HGNC)
maintains downloadable text files that include cross-references between
SwissProt and LocusLink (and others).  I haven't used them to know how
good the annotation is.

Here is the URL of interest:

http://www.gene.ucl.ac.uk/nomenclature/code/ftpaccess.html

Hope this helps.