[BioC] rma question

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Mon Sep 6 19:25:03 CEST 2004

It is not clear what your question is but it could be either
1) Excel cannot open a file with more than 256 columns OR
2) I cannot run RMA on more than 256 columns

If it is 1), then perhaps you could write the final output it into 2 or
more separate files. Or you could try other spreadsheet solutions such
as open office.

But why would you want to do this because looking at expression measure
alone provides little information. R can certainly handle files with
more than 256 columns, so I only print out the final results.

If it is 2), then search for "many RMA" or "large amount of slides" in
http://files.protsuggest.org/cgi-bin/biocond.cgi.

Some detail of the computing power available to you and approximate
number of arrays could narrow down some of the suggestions you find
here.

You mentioned that the "Algorithm was run but there was no output" but
was the algorithm _successfully_ run ? Check for error messages.

Regards, Adai