[BioC] bug in reposTools 1.4.11: missing getRversion

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 7 17:19:20 CEST 2004

> This shouldn't be possible. Installation script should really not fail....

It is if you use the proper version of R.

> I copied from 1.4.3 and copied it into .../R/versNums.R of version 1.4.11
> Beeewww.... took me 2 hours to solve this bug.

But it isn't a bug.  As per your previous message, you were using R-1.9.1
and using 'devel=T'.  If you followed the instructions properly, you would
be using R-devel (which is currently R-2.0.0. Alpha), in which you'll find
that the 'getRVersion' function is now part of R and not in reposTools,
thus the removal of said function from reposTools.  Furthermore, if you
followed the instructions properly and used the release version of BioC
packages with your R-1.9.1, you wouldn't have found this "bug".

-J