[BioC] Problem with BioC

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Mon Sep 13 00:10:39 CEST 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 05:11:41PM +0100, Kaushik, Narendra K wrote:
> I am having problem in updating bioconductor packages, running on WindowXP, R1.91
>
> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R <http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R> ")
> >
> > getBioC(develOK=TRUE)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  As is indicated on the web page, and has been stated here many
  times, you cannot use the devel version of Bioconductor with the
  release version of R. You must either use the devel version of R
  with the devel version of Bioconductor or use the release version of
  R with the relase version of Bioconductor. Please read the
  instructions on the download page.

  Robert

> Running getBioC version 1.2.64....
> If you encounter problems, first make sure that
> you are running the latest version of getBioC()
> which can be found at: www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R <http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R>
> Please direct any concerns or questions to bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch <mailto:bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch> .
> [1] "Installing reposTools ..."
> Warning message:
> package reposTools was built under R version 2.0.0
> Error in grep("[[:alpha:]]", vers) : couldn't find function "getRversion"
> >

> Narendra
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |