[BioC] Error with library(limma) with R2.0 devel

Matthew Hannah Hannah at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Wed Sep 15 11:54:35 CEST 2004

This does seem to be a problem as now I've come to use affy, it
downloaded ath1121501cdf, but then couldn't use it as built in <2.0.
Tried various (see below) but it's not in CRAN, the local zip from BioC
metaData link is release level, and with Jeffs fix the package can't be
found.....

Can someone suggest a way of getting this to work - build devel
ath1121501 packages?, as without cdf/probe packages there's very little
you can do :(

Cheers,

Matt

> probeset(data,"246863_at")
Note: You did not specify a download type.  Using a default value of:
Win32
This will be fine for almost all users

[1] "Attempting to download ath1121501cdf from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/repos/"
[1] "Download complete."
[1] "Installing ath1121501cdf"
Note: Running R version 2.0.0 and package ath1121501cdf was built for R
version 1.8.0
 , installing anyway.

[1] "Installation complete"
Error in library("ath1121501cdf", lib.loc =
"C:/PROGRA~1/R/RW2000~2/library") :
        'ath1121501cdf' is not a valid package -- installed < 2.0.0?

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")
>
> z <- getReposEntry("BIOCDevel")
> install.packages2("ath1121501cdf", repEntry=z, devel=T, type="Win32")
Unable to locate the requested package(s) in any known repository
> install.packages(choose.files('',filters=Filters[c('zip','All'),]),
.libPaths()[1], CRAN = NULL)
package 'ath1121501cdf' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked
updating HTML package descriptions
> probeset(data,"246863_at")
Error in library("ath1121501cdf", lib.loc = NULL) :