[BioC] using mat.samp in siggenes

Kathleen Kerr katiek at u.washington.edu
Thu Sep 16 18:20:36 CEST 2004

Thanks very much for this extended reply.
Out of curiosity, does sam() do unbalanced
permutations when the data are paired?  If so,
I suggest that it should default to only
doing balanced permutations.  By 'balanced'
in the paired case, I mean that within each pair
the assignment to treatment/control is randomized.
Actually, I'm not sure what 'balanced' means in the context
of unpaired data.

Thanks again,
Katie