[BioC] How do I make exprSet?

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 18 19:14:49 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 11:48:02PM -0400, Hao Liu wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I have a txt file with MAS5 read outs of 201 133A chips, I did it in
> windows. I have read it into R and I just wonder how do I make an exprset
> from it. (my MAS5 file only contains the signal intensity information, with
> probe_sets the leftest column, one sample per column across the whole file).
>
> I tried using new("exprSet",exprs=myobject,phenoData=***). It won't work.

  What is ***? You really need to make a phenoData object (which is
  much of the point of having an exprSet), and you should describe the
  phenotypes (or other sample level characteristics) in some
  detail. There are examples of the construction of such objects in
  the Biobase vignette, and in many of the different course materials
  available from Bioconductor.

> Thanks for your help
>
> Hao

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |