[BioC] RE: Advice on print-tip normalization

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Sep 23 00:36:28 CEST 2004

Spots in a given position within a print-tip group are always printed from
the same 384-well plate of DNA.  Genes of similar function or homology
are often grouped together on a plate.  If there are systematic differences
between plates due to the nature of the probes, this would lead to periodicity
through the print-tip groups, but you certainly don't want
to remove this structure in the normalization.

Gordon