[BioC] using getPMID with non-affy data

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu
Tue Sep 28 21:32:00 CEST 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 02:20:57PM -0500, Kimpel, Mark W wrote:
> I would like to use the getPMID function in the package "annotate" but
> am working data that I only have gene ID's for. Is there a way to make
> this work?

 You need to have something that maps to something that is known (what
 is a gene ID?), if you can get to UniGene or LocusLink etc, then
 there are many ways (both in Bioconductor and in many other
 resources) to map from those to PubMed. LocusLink is among the more
 common. For example, if you are using human genes once you get to
  LocusLink IDs you can use the humanLLMappings package to get to PMID

  Robert

> Mark
>
> Mark W. Kimpel MD
>
> Department of Psychiatry
> Indiana University School of Medicine
> Biotechnology, Research, & Training Center
> 1345 W. 16th Street
> Indianapolis, IN  46202

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Department of Biostatistics      office: M1B20                            |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem at jimmy.harvard.edu        |