[BioC] gcrma problem

Wenqiong Chen wenchen at diversa.com
Fri Apr 1 20:58:43 CEST 2005

You are right, there are NAs in subIndex. So here are the numbers:
>length(pmIndex) = 248102
>tmp(p$x, p$y) = 251035
So when executing the line: subIndex<-match(tmp(p$x, p$y), pmIndex) NAs
got created.
The problem did not come with the Affy chip, rather I should be the one
to be blamed, although I can justified myself why I did this. The chip
was designed a few years ago and for these couple of years, of course we
have gone through a number of re-annotation and ORF calling. To reflect
the changes, I have modified the cdf file, which includes deleting
probes, reassigning old probes to new genes, etc. As a consequence, some
of the probes in the probe sequence files are no use. Originally I
thought that as far as the sequences for all the probes on the cdf file
are there, things should be O.K, but apparently I am wrong.
Is there anything we can do by re-scripting the code? I guess it
probably makes more sense to you by simply modifying my probe sequence
file, but it is quite a bit of work.
Thanks a lot for your time!
Regards,
wenqiong