[BioC] Tiling array application

Shinhan Shiu shiu at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 4 23:41:38 CEST 2005

Hi Zhijin,

Thanks for the message. I have a question on the second solution: passing
only the PM intensity and PM affinity information to bg.parameter.ns. You
mentioned that the assumption in excluding MM information is when "a large
proportion of specific targets are absent". I wonder if you can clarify
this a little. Do you mean that "the intensities of a large proportion of
the probes are simply background"? Also, do you have some estimate as to
how large a proportion is sufficient?

Also, does this approach (excluding MM info) lead to a higher false
negative rate when comparing to using negative controls for MM? Thanks again.

Shinhan