[BioC] Bioconductor and R_LIBS

Steve Taylor stephen.taylor at molecular-sciences.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 6 11:22:17 CEST 2005

Hi Seth,

> Can you post the output of sessionInfo() after reproducing the session
> as above?
>

>>In this case, this doesn't stop the user using the affy package (in
>>fact this seems to be an issue with reposTools) but the warnings are
>>a little disconcerting.
>

> Yes, this is not desired/intended behavior and we'll see what we can
> do to resolve it.

Here's the full session including sessionInfo :

 > library(affy)
Welcome to Bioconductor
          Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
          simply type: openVignette()
          For details on reading vignettes, see
          the openVignette help page.
Warning message:
Incorrect permissions to edit package database,
/package/R/2.0.1/lib/R/library/liblisting.Rda in:
save.locLib(locLibList, curLib)
 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.0.1, 2004-11-15, sparc-sun-solaris2.9

attached base packages:
[1] "tools"     "methods"   "stats"     "graphics"  "grDevices" "utils"
[7] "datasets"  "base"

other attached packages:
       affy reposTools    Biobase
    "1.5.8"    "1.5.2"    "1.5.0"