[BioC] LimmaGUI discards spots with no signal on one channel??

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 16:56:39 CEST 2005

I am a recent user of the LimmaGUI package. I searched the archives and couldn't
find this issue raised, so I hope somebody can help.

I'm finding that LimmaGUI works very well to look at what genes are
differentially expressed, as long as they are expressed to some extent on both
samples (channels). I am currently mainly interested in extremes of expression:
looking at genes that are inactive in one sample, but active in the other, and
I'm finding that LimmaGUI is disregarding all those genes that have no signal
on one channel (no matter how strong the signal on the other)... so all the
genes that I want are out of the list of differentially expressed genes.

How could I get around this?

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374