[BioC] SNPs tool ???

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Apr 8 19:22:48 CEST 2005

Mayte Suarez-Farinas wrote:

> Hi
> I would like to know if there is any tool to work with affy SNPs chips.
> I have looked in the  mail archives and it appears that
> some people were interested in it, so if
> somebody has any piece of code to share with me
> I would very very much appreciate it.
> If not, if  somebody has created the cdfenv for the
> 10K (v2) chip, could I  use it to read the cel files trought
> Read.affy ?
> thanks in advance ..

There are no tools currently in BioC specifically designed for analyzing
Affy SNP chips. However, there is a group of us that is actively working
on designing a package to do so.

As for building a cdfenv using the 10K chip, you can use the devel
version of makecdfenv for this.

--
James W. MacDonald
Affymetrix and cDNA Microarray Core