[BioC] Job: Statistical Analyst - Affymetrix, Inc.

Higgs, Debi Debi_Higgs at Affymetrix.com
Sat Apr 9 02:41:39 CEST 2005

We are looking for a Statistical Analyst to join Affymetrix.  We are
located at:
3420 Central Expressway, Santa Clara, California, 95051
The position will be based in our Santa Clara Facility

We will offer relocation to the right candidate so please apply now if
you're qualified and interested.  Feel free to send this to a friend if
you know of someone who may be interested.

Send your resume directly to:  debi_higgs at affymetrix.com

Statistical Analyst
Affymetrix is the market leader in creating breakthrough tools that are
driving the genomic revolution. By applying the principles of
semiconductor technology to the life sciences, Affymetrix develops and
commercializes systems that help scientists alleviate human suffering
and improve the quality of life. To keep pace with our accelerated
growth, we continue to expand our resources and people. We offer an
excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and
more!

Work in a research environment to develop new methods for assessing
microarray data using statistical analysis and classification methods.
Strong emphasis will be placed on the analysis, interpretation and
trouble-shooting of feature-level microarray data. The successful
candidate must have excellent communication skills, the ability to work
as part of a multi-disciplinary team and have demonstrated strong
initiative and innovation. The candidate should have a strong background
in data analysis and application of statistical methods. The position
requires a Ph.D. in statistics, statistical genetics, computational
biology, physics, mathematics or a related field with at least 2 years
of experience analyzing microarray data. The candidate should have
advanced programming skills in Perl, one of C/C++ and one of R, S, Splus
or Matlab. Additionally, the candidate should have advanced database
skills, experience with handling large datasets (in the scale of Gb) and
be proficient with both Unix (Linux) and Windows environments.

_____

Debi Higgs | Human Resources

AFFYMETRIX, INC. | 3380 Central Expressway | Santa Clara, CA 95051 |
Tel:  408-731-5732 | Fax:  408-731-5855

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]