[BioC] Another tcltk problem

Vsevolod (Simon) Ilyushchenko simonf at cshl.edu
Wed Apr 13 20:48:23 CEST 2005

Hi,

Everything seems to be fine, but if I ssh into another machine and try
to say
library(tcltk)
R quits with this error message:

X Error of failed request:  BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)
   Major opcode of failed request:  20 (X_GetProperty)
   Atom id in failed request:  0x43d
   Serial number of failed request:  11

This does not happen if I run R on my desktop or if I set DISPLAY to
mydesktop:0. Other X applications run normally over the SSH session.

Simon

Simon (Vsevolod ILyushchenko)   simonf at cshl.edu
				http://www.simonf.com

Terrorism is a tactic and so to declare war on terrorism
is equivalent to Roosevelt's declaring war on blitzkrieg.

Zbigniew Brzezinski, U.S. national security advisor, 1977-81