[BioC] genes variances

E Motakis, Mathematics E.Motakis at bristol.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 14:12:50 CEST 2005

Dear all,

Recently, I have been working on variance stabilization techniques for cDNA
microarrays. I have been studying the papers:

I. Rocke and Durbin, (2001), `A model for measurement error for gene
expression arrays', J. Comput. Biol, 8, 557--569 and

II. Durbin, Hardin, Hawkins, and Rocke, (2002), `A variance-stabilizing
transformation for gene-expression microarray data', Bioinformatics, 18,
S105-S110.

Their variance stabilization seems to work well for most of the genes I
replicate (and for my data). I wonder if someone is aware of other related
papers to that subject (not only by those authors). Is there any other
technique for variance stabilization available in the microarrays
literature?

Thank you in advance.

Makis Motakis

E Motakis, Mathematics