[BioC] Integrating Codelink data with bioconductor (using affyand limmafunctions)

Diego Díez Ruiz ddiez at iib.uam.es
Mon Apr 25 13:35:57 CEST 2005

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for your response. I will use the data as early but, What do you
think it could affect more to normalization process: Some points
assigned as NA values or some point with lowers A values as one of the
intensitues was assigned a value of say 0.01?

I'd let you see my class definition and parser of course. This is really
the first time a make use of classes and store all things as an R
package so I thought that the best way to make something usable and
quick without having to read completly "writting R extensions" was using
others packages to learn (that is one of the greatness of opensource :).
Of course I will have to read it one day.
Briefly:
1. The parser read exported txt files from codelink software. It works
fine with 3 different chips so I think it should work fine with all
types. A problem is that exported text data have custom fields (and you
can chose within all fields including Raw_intensity, Median_foreground,
etc) So it could be possible to found files with missing fields not
exported. I know that it is possible to export as XML but a didn't try
that yet.

2. The class definition is very simple. I based it in RGlist and used
almost all redefinitions of dim() as.matrix() etc... that you use in
limma. I also based a subsetting system in the one used in AffyBatch
objects in affy. A Codelink object stores as a list 3 matrices. One of
intensities, one of Flags and one last with probe name and probe type. I
actually named it "val" "flags" and "info" slots but i don't thing they
are appropiate so this week I want to import all possible fields and
name it as they are called in the exported files. I probably too make
comprobation about the fields present and warn or error if a *must have*
field is missing.

When I have a more clear and clean code I will not have any problems in
let you see it.