[BioC] U133plus2.0 memory problem

kfbargad at lg.ehu.es kfbargad at lg.ehu.es
Wed Apr 27 10:23:32 CEST 2005

Sorry this has come up many times and I have looked for an answer in
the mail archives, but I couldn´t find anything regarding amount of
memory for many U133plus arrays.

I have 60 U133plus2.0 arrays and I wanted to do some NUSE plots, but I
can´t even read in the arrays using ReadAffy() and I know fitPLM() is
more demanding.

I am running R 2.0.1 and affy 1.5 on a Pentium 4 with Windows 2000 OS,
1G RAM. I tried increasing the memory by

memory.limit(700000)

but still get the error "cannot allocate vector of size 635107

any suggestions??

thanks,

David